Preheat oven to 350
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 8 large egg yolks
- 2 large whole eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup + 6 tbs unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup honey, warmed and diluted with 2 tbs water - I added some cardamom. You'll want to use this simple syrup as the glaze at the end
- Grease two 8x4 inch loaf pans, and dust with some flour to ensure nothing sticks and it all pops out smoothly.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into a small bowl.
- In another small bowl stir together the egg yolks, whole eggs, vanilla, and cream.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the dry ingredients with the sugar on medium speed for 30 seconds. Reduce to low and add the butter and half the egg mixture. Beat for 2 minutes, then beat for another 2 minutes at medium-high speed and watch it start to build some structure. You'll then want to reduce to low speed again, add the remaining egg mixture, and mix it for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour batter among pans and bake for 30-45 minutes. You'll know it's done when the tops are golden brown, and you can stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean.
- Once done, let cool and glaze with honey syrup.