Why I didn't think of this sooner I do not know. I can't take credit for the ice cream because I didn't make that, but I did find a better use for homemade cookies! I have been reading a lot of the Momofuku Milk Bar cook book lately and if there is one thing I learned it is that you waste nothing and everything can be used to make something delicious. I like that so I went with it and made the cookie of all cookies. I have no name for it, so I will just say it is the 'Everything but the kitchen sink cookie.' Now you'll see why...
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut
- Nutella as desired, to spread on the cookies for extra goodness!
(makes roughly 30 cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 375
- In a large bowl combine the sugars and butter until light and fluffy
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla, and egg; mix well
- Stir in the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt
- Stir in the chocolate chips and coconut
- Drop by the tablespoon onto lined cookie sheets, about 2" apart
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown
- After you let them cool, spread Nutella on each side of the cookie and sandwhich in some ice cream
- Wrap tightly in aluminum foil and freeze them until you are ready to chow down!