My first experiment is a gluten-free cake made with coconut flour. So far I don't like it as much as regular flour but the consistency is great and the flavor is not bad. It just has a simple hint of coconut.
Here's a recipe for a completely gluten-free maple chocolate chip cake!
Preheat oven to 350
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 12 eggs (yes, 12)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 cup sifted Coconut Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup pecans, finely chopped or walnuts
- Blend together butter, coconut milk, eggs, sugar, salt and maple syrup.
- Combine coconut flour with baking powder and whisk into batter until there are no lumps.
- Pour batter into a greased 11x7x2 inch or 9x9x2 inch pan.
- Fold nuts into batter.
- Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted into centre comes out clean.
Let me know what you think!