You will want to refrigerate the dough for at least 45 minutes, but once you are ready to bake them you can preheat the oven at 325 degrees.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2+ tsp coffee grounds (I probably used about 4tsp)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cups + 2 tbs powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, coffee, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Then add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and mix in the vanilla.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer, and add the flour in three batches. Scrape the sides of the bowl with each addition.
- Once well blended, the dough should start to get crumbly. This is when you will want to knead the dough together in the bowl.
- Once this is done separate the dough into 4 equal batches, flatten, and cover in wax paper to refrigerate.
- When you are ready to bake them, roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thick (keep it in the wax paper so it doesn't stick to the rolling pin).
- Cut into desired shape and place on a parchment lined baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 7 minutes, let cool, and eat!