I did it. I made the Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies! Sure, I feel like a glutton but what a fantastic concept! I just ate a warm and chewy one straight out of the oven and, oh my goodness... they're amaaaazing!
You must must must make these. They take less than an hour of your time and I promise you it's worth it.
Preheat oven to 350
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 package of Double Stuffed Oreos*
*Note: The recipe technically makes about 25 cookies so make sure you get enough Oreos. I made the rookie mistake of using too much dough to wrap the cookie and ended up with only 18 cookies. If you want 25, I suggest using roughly 1 tbs of dough for each side. This will make more sense in the directions :)
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in a bowl
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well
- Sift the flour, salt, and baking soda together and add it in rounds to the above butter mixture
- Add the chocolate chips
- Scoop about 1 tbs of dough, flatten it a little, and top it with an Oreo. Add another tablespoon of dough to the top of that Oreo and wrap the cookie with the chocolate chip dough. If you use any more than 1 tbs you will end up with HUGE cookies like I did. Which is fine, but I am just giving you a heads up :)
- Once you have wrapped the Oreos, place them on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown
I have to say, this just makes me wonder what else I can wrap in chocolate chip cookie dough.