My friend Nina came over with some wonderful organic lemons from work and we made some lemon bars. Being Persian, I thought it would be a nice touch to add some cardamom. Personally I think it was the perfect idea! A little different but you still pretty much get the standard lemon bar you are looking for :)
Here's how you make them:
Preheat oven to 350
- Cut butter into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a food processor process all ingredients until mixture begins to form small lumps.
- Sprinkle mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan and with a metal spatula press evenly onto bottom.
- Bake shortbread in middle of oven until golden, about 20 minutes. While shortbread is baking, you can prepare the topping!
- Whisk together eggs and granulated sugar until well combined
- Add lemon juice and flour
- Add 1/4 tsp of cardamom
- Pour lemon fixture over hot shortbread
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300
- Bake for 30 minutes
When they are all done you can let them chill to solidify a little, or you can just eat them right-away!